MATE is searching for a detail-oriented, creative and dedicated individual to join our team as a Production and Development Assistant. The main duties of this job will be working alongside the Lead Designer on all aspects of development, pre-production and production. Must have 1-2 years of professional experience in a related role. Related degree required. Must be based in Los Angeles. Please read the skill requirements below.
- Assisting with all aspects of product development; sampling, sourcing, pre-production and production
- Coordinating with pattern makers, cutters, sewers and screen-printers for fittings and construction. Must be able to communicate our vision down to the last detail
- Pitching in wherever the Team needs with an enthusiastic attitude
- Maintaining our production calendar; keeping on top of deadlines
- Translating concepts into tech packs & creating PO's for vendors
- Organizing and creating layouts of each seasonal collection
- Updating cost sheets and vendor purchase orders
- Maintaining Production Google Docs, and keeping our spreadsheets VERY ORGANIZED
- Self-starter, extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A great understanding of silhouettes, fabrics, shrinkage, dye techniques, sewing techniques, trim and details
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Hand sketching skills preferred but not required
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Creative problem solving skills
- Efficient, honest, proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to take direction well
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media links are welcome!
Please write "JOB INQUIRY – Production Assistant" in the subject line when you email.